- LiveATC: Listen to hundreds of live audio streams from air traffic control frequencies all over the world. I recommend IFR students listen and mentally phrase responses.
- ATC Monitor: A fantastic controller’s-eye view of the northeast sector of Atlanta’s airspace complete with live audio and weather from Atlanta Approach and Tower.
- Garmin GNS 400/500 Simulators: These really help to familiarize and reveal the full power of the Garmin 400 and 500 series.
- Exams4Pilots: Free FAA written exam practice tests. They have everything from Sport Pilot to ATP, and every test in between, including the Flight Engineer test and various mechanic tests.
- Learn to Fly by Max Trescott: This 37-page ebook discusses why one should learn to fly by featuring case studies of three pilots who learned to fly for different reasons: for pleasure, as a business tool, and as a career. It answers common questions such as “What will it cost to fly?” and “Is flying safe?” It also features a Learn to Fly checklist future pilots can use to plan each major step to earning a Private or Sport Pilot certificate. The ebook is downloadable for free with no strings attached (e.g. no need to register, give an email address or share any personal information).